Welcome to Thomas WebTrax! Here's an overview of the steps needed to get up and running:
- Install the Thomas WebTrax tracking snippet on your website pages.
- Customize your audience targets and high value page targets.
- Review your default Technical Settings, such as bot filtering and enabling Thomas Network–only sessions in your WebTrax reporting.
- Review WebTrax reporting to track, identify, and engage with companies interacting with your online presence.
The data you need to start reviewing your online presence starts building within WebTrax only after the code is installed. It's best to get the tracking code in place even if you don't plan on reviewing WebTrax reporting right away.
To find your customized WebTrax tracking snippets, click “Settings and Tutorials” within the main navigation, then click “Tagging Instructions.” On this page, you will find the main WebTrax code snippet and code to track individual downloads using WebTrax.
On the "Tagging Instructions" page, highlight the onClick=“LogClick(this);” and copy/paste it into your HTML, where your download appears. Any items tagged as this will be tracked as “Asset Downloads” within your WebTrax reporting.
ex. <a href=”myfilename.pdf” onClick=“LogClick(this);”>PDF Name </a>
Need help getting WebTrax up and running and understanding the results over time? Thomas clients enjoy these WebTrax benefits:
- Have WebTrax code implemented on your website by the Thomas WebTrax team with one on one WebTrax support as needed
- Receive RFIs on the Thomasnet.com with RFI submissions and content visible directly in WebTrax session paths
- Track calls made from your Thomasnet.com company profile and track calls made on own your site that is visible to Thomasnet.com users only
- Review tracked calls and RFIs by sales classification (Sales Inquiry, Solicitation, Other) and save time by reading transcribed call summary notes with full recordings available to review or download.